Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

My love letter to Debbie Stoller

When I was 21 years old a friend of mine brought me along to a weekly knitting circle she attended.  Those ladies introduced me to the first Stitch N’ Bitch book, and I took off from there.

stitch-n-bitch-knitters-handbook

I have loved knitting ever since, and I turned out to be pretty good at it!


If you want to see some examples of my work, just check out my shop, Five Oh! Four Rag, on Etsy.com.  But I digress…

Since then Ms. Stoller has gone on to publish four more books, and of course I own them all!  Each one is full of useful, easy to follow instructions as well as funky modern patterns that anyone can enjoy.

stitch-n-bitch-nation   stitch-n-bitch-crochet-happy-hooker
stitch-n-bitch-son-of-stitch   stitch-n-bitch-superstar-knitting

Recently she also began selling her own line of yarn: Stitch Nation.  All of her yarn is made from natural fibers and is very affordable at around five dollars a skein.  For those of you who know yarn, you know how awesome this is. 

In addition to all of this, Debbie Stoller is the editor-in-chief of BUST magazine.  This magazine celebrates all things female: our achievements, our abilities, and our future.  Of all the feminist magazines out there I have found this one to be the most fair minded and empowering, and it has become very important to me over the years. 

So, thank you, Debbie Stoller!  You’re work has changed my life in more ways than one, all for the better, and I will be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...