Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Discovery: The Infinity dress

I have discovered a wonderful invention: the Infinity Dress!



InfinityWearingIdeas


It’s been around for years, apparently, but I have only just found out about it. 

If you google the term “infinity dress” you will get a number of tutorials, both on how to make them and how to wear them.  They seem so incredibly easy to make, I would definitely recommend this as a first sewing project. 

I found this Little Red Infinity Dress Tutorial on a blog called Sew Like My Mom.  All of the tutorials I found were basically the same instructions, but I think this one was the most clear and easy to follow.  The dress is comprised of four parts: a circle skirt, a waistband, and two really long, wide, straps.  You’re going to need a lot of fabric because of these straps, which I think is the only draw back, but it can't be avoided.  However, if you find just the right stretchy knit sale you could have one dress that can be worn a multitude of fashionable ways for super cheap!


So many possibilities!

As soon as I make one of my own there will be pictures, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...