Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Inspiration: Midnight in Paris

A few days ago I saw Woody Allen’s new film Midnight in Paris.


It was gorgeous!

Now, I haven’t seen the vast majority of Woody Allen’s films, but I have seen enough to know his rather distinct style.  His movies become very formulaic after a certain point, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.  In my opinion this one works and then some.

Owen Wilson plays a modern day novelist in love with 1920’s Paris.  I don’t feel like I can say much more without ruining the story line, but when I say it was gorgeous I mean that in more ways than one.  It is well written and the acting was excellent.  And the costumes… oh, the costumes!  That was the best part for me.  I was inspired to create this set:


Midnight in Paris




I will most certainly see this movie again, if only for the outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...