Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back from the Green Mountain State

greetings from vermont
You may have noticed that I was gone for a bit, but now I’m back!  My boyfriend and I just spent a lovely four days in Burlington, Vermont, where the people are friendly and the mountains are green. 

We attended a wedding at The Old Round Church in Richmond, VT, and really, the bride couldn’t have picked a prettier place to get married.  It was like a scene straight out of Little Women.  And the reception was on a boat that cruised around Lake Champlain while everyone on board ate food, drank alcohol, and danced the night away.  It really was one of the happiest weddings I have ever been to.

My boyfriend was a groomsman, and the groom chose a day of kayaking for a bachelor party celebration, so on that day I was charged with finding my own entertainment.  To that end I decided to take a walk down to Shelburne Farms.  Their website lured me in with promises of cheese making and tasting, which I thought meant that they would teach me how to make my own cheese.  If I had read more closely I would have realized that it was only a demonstration on how they make cheese, but I did get to taste the samples so it was worth the hike.

And of  course we couldn’t go to Burlington without stopping to visit the Ben and Jerry’s factory.  We took the tour and we were rewarded with a taste of one of their newest flavors: Jimmy Falon’s Late Night Snack.  It was a delicious!

A successful and enjoyable trip overall, I would say, but I am glad to be home.  I have so many projects to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...