Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Project: Table top makeover

Today my boyfriend and I were given a lovely coffee table.  It’s a great piece of furniture, but it has four glass panels that make my man uncomfortable.  He thinks they’re an accident waiting to happen, so I’ve devised what I think will be a fun, easy, and attractive project to solve that problem.

I’m going to replace the real, breakable stuff with faux stained glass panels made out of Plexiglas!


Fun, right?!

Here’s what I’ve got so far:

Step 1:  I spent some time perusing pictures of stained glass windows and how to videos, and I cobbled together a version of my own based on all of them.  Then I drew a rough draft.

stained glass2

Step 2:  Once I was satisfied with the general look of the thing I darkened in all the lines and retraced the image onto a piece of news print using a wide tipped permanent marker.  This way the lines are thicker and I can get a good idea of how all the detailing will look in the end.

stained glass1

And that’s it for now, but next I plan on tapping this picture to the back of the Plexiglas and re-tracing it yet again, but with a gun metal gray acrylic paint this time.  I will be sure to keep you updated on the process.  In the meantime let me know what you think, and please, if you have any suggestions feel free to pass them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...