Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Doggie Rescue–All the cool kids are doing it

It is surprising to me that I have not mentioned my dog a whole lot more on this blog.

Anyone who knows me, even if we have only met for a minute, knows how much I adore my dog, Luc.


154
Everyone adores Luc!  I may be a little biased, but in my opinion he is the smartest, cutest, most wonderful dog in the world.  In the ENTIRE world!                                      

I found Luc when he was just an 8 week old puppy on petfinder.com, a wonderful pet rescue resource.  They make it really easy to search local animal shelters and foster groups for the right rescue pet for you.   And if you have ever, or will ever, consider adopting a dog or cat, I really encourage you to consider a rescue pet.  There are many wonderful organizations out there trying to save animals from starvation, abuse, and neglect, but these animals need permanent homes and people to love unconditionally. 

It may well be one of the most rewarding things you ever do, I know it certainly was for me.  Luc has been my constant companion for almost seven years now.  I take him with me wherever I possibly can and I know life would be awful without him.                                                                                                                                                         

This video from Treadbanger.com features a rescue group from Brooklyn, NY called Sugar Mutts Rescue.  They work to find homes for rescued dogs, which I take as a sign that they are good people.  There’s also a lovely D.I.Y. doggy treat recipe at the end for those of you who already have a dog that you love and adore. 

       
anyone who love dogs is A-OK in my book

I need to start baking…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...