Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

All About Bette Davis

Yesterday I watched the Bette Davis classic All About Eve.


In this film Bette Davis plays an actress, Margo Channing, coming to terms with getting older, while at the same time trying to cope with a conniving starlet who is trying to steal Margo’s man and her career.  Of course Bette Davis plays the part well, she played all her parts well.  It didn’t matter if she was Margo Channing, Queen Elizabeth, or a childhood star gone mad, Bette Davis was the best. 


bette davis 3bette davis 1
bette davis 2bette davis 5


Personally, I really love Bette Davis’s creepier movies.  Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? are some of my all time favorite.  But she plays the screaming crazy lady so well you tend to forget that Bette Davis was actually quite pretty.  That’s why I love All About Eve, because you get to see just how beautiful and glamorous Ms. Davis could be. 


bette davis 4


I was inspired:
All about Bette




Now, I did include a fake fur in this collection, which I feel obligated to say I would never actually wear myself.  Not only is it not at all my style, wearing fur just makes me uncomfortable, even if it is fake.  But there was an abundance of starlets wearing furs in this movie, and it just fit so well with the rest of the collection, so I decided not to over think it.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...