Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Mantelpiece: Part II

Today was another day spent scraping old paint off a mantelpiece I’m refinishing. 

 

At some point in this mantelpiece’s history someone got the idea to paint it mint green.  Well, not “paint” so much as “glop on as much green paint as thickly as possible, especially in every crevasse and carving of which there are many.”  So I’m tired.

But the hard part is done!  Soon I will proudly display my finished mantelpiece in my apartment and on here, but in the meantime here are some ideas to inspire.

mantelpiece1mantelpiece2mantelpiece4mantelpiece5mantelpiece6mantelpiece3

That last one is a picture of a mantelpiece-as-headboard!  I’m going to tuck that idea away for later…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...