Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

D.I.Y. Holiday Time!

Oh, how I love the Holidays!  First Thanksgiving, then Christmas, and then the start of a brand new year!  But before I can enjoy it all I’m going to need to get all of my ducks in a row.

And I’m going to start with my D.I.Y. gift list!


I always start out the Holidays with the ambitious goal of making all of my loved ones’ gifts by hand.  It doesn’t always work out, but I love the challenge!  Of course, I’m not going to share my actual list with you here, that would ruin the surprise for a few too many people.  But I did find some great ideas to show you.  Just click on the picture for a link to instructions for each project!

You could make and give something useful and practical like a scarf, or a bag made out of neckties:

mla104262_0109_knit_scarf_xl  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

Or how about something fairly useless, but fun?  Like amigurumi baby monsters!  Or any amigurumi, really.  (Amigurumi are tiny crocheted figures, there are many unique patterns out there, and each one has the sole purpose of being adorable):


babymonsters DSC_0003

But if you’re looking for something that is sure to be a hit every time, you can’t go wrong with something edible:


Brownies2_300  8100

And as always, you should enjoy making it as much as your recipient will enjoy receiving it.  Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...