Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Introducing Althea Crome and her Amazing Micro Knits!

By now most of you have probably seen the stop motion movie Coraline.  Even if you haven’t I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.  What I never realized, though, is those sweaters and gloves that Coraline wears in the movie were all actually knit by hand on teeny tiny needles!


tiny intarsia!


The genius behind these micro stitches is a lady named Althea Crome.  Her work is truly awesome!


althea crome 1   althea crome 2  
althea crome 5   althea crome 6
 
And, what’s more, if you wish to try your hand at her craft she sells some of her patterns and needles on her website!  I plan on sticking to full scale knits, though.  Such tiny projects would get lost in my house so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...